Wednesday, November 26, 2008

One of those days...

Kenzie at the end of the day...this particular day.










Brooklyn wrapped the dog up into a blanket and tried to hold it like a baby. The puppy didn't like this much.
Brooklyn LOVES trains. I thought this was cute how she took a car and jimmied it so that her little trailers would fit behind. Plus, she has her little finger puppets and little people as passengers. SOOOO cute.

Yesterday was a crazy day. My friend's husband had to go in for surgery so I watched her kids for like 9 hours. It was a long day. It started off early. Her little boy taught Brooklyn to draw on the floor, walls, and chairs. Not cool. Luckily, it was washable marker. Since I told the kids they couldn't draw on things they decided to draw on themselves. I had been trying to deal with cleanup that I thought I would pick what I would not let them do. I was ok with them drawing on themselves because a bath could take care of that...and it did. So, here are some pictures of their little creative minds at work. I may not be ok with this later, but at that moment, it kept them entertained and my sanity. Plus, it made for some cute pictures...I'm a sucker for getting a cute shot anywhere I can and sometimes at the expense of making myself seem like an incompetent mother. :) The top pictures are what the kids looked like at dinner time. I was surprised that the kids DEVOURED it. I made halibut, sweet potatoe fries, and peas. The kids wanted more and more fish. I thought I would have leftovers, but didn't. I like to see good eaters. Kenzie was a mess by this point. So, for this particular day, I am grateful for baths and that I can send other people's kids back home to their mommies. (even though I love these kids.) Phew, I am exhausted.

2 comments:

Laura said...

You never cease to amaze me Meesh. You're always busy! So does that mean that if I teach your kids to do something bad, but you can get a good picture from it, it's excused?

Luke and Erin said...

I tell Luke all them time that it is a good thing they are cute, or I would send them back. In fact Luke just found candy in the babies crib... guess I better go!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker