Wednesday, September 03, 2008
My MOM
My mom goes into surgery today for something serious that looks like cancer. That word terrifies me and having that word in a sentence with my mom scares me even more. I love my mom dearly and can't imagine life without her actively in it. My mom is so unselfish and just the best mom. She is always thinking of others and looking at her needs last. She has always done this. Just yesterday she mentioned that she needed a robe so that she didn't have to lift her arms after surgery so we loaded up the girls and went out looking. Well, she thought of others first. She insisted we look at Kmart to see if there was another duck like Kenzie's because Kenzie LOVES her duck and so does her cousin Hannah and there is only 1 duck. Then she wanted to go to Costco to make sure Dad was fed while she was down. When I suggested that we really needed to go look she found out that family was at the house so she wanted to get back so that she could have her blessing without making them wait. Did she ever get her robe? No. She puts others wants 1st. She has done numerous things things for us throughout the years. I remember waking up for school and mom had stayed up a good part of the night to surprise me with a new outfit she had made me. She did this for all of us. As you can see from the previous post, she is an amazing gardener. She always plants more food then they will eat just so that she can share with others. She has always done this. She has always told us, "Why plant just enough for me. Half the fun of a garden is to share it." I could go on and on, but won't. So, I guess days like this are good for 1 reason only...to reflect on life and take a step back and realize what is important in life. It isn't all the stuff we have, but the relationships we have with people. I feel so blessed to have my mom not only as my mom but as my best friend and someone I love dearly and look up to. We love you mom and grandma! 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
oh michelle i am sorry. i remember when my mom was going thru all that it was hard, but the man upstairs somehow helps us thru it. if you need anything or just someone to talk to about it let me know!
i hope everything goes well. your mom is very amazing, and she will definitely have special angels attending to her. i love the family pictures , when were those done? they are adorable!!
That was such a sweet tribute to your mom. I hope everything goes okay...I'm sorry your family has to go through something so scary. Although we don't know your mom personally, we will keep her (and you) in our prayers.
Anyone can see just how much your mom is loved and adored...and how much that adoration is recipricated. She is an amazing woman...we are thinking of your family and praying for you all!
What a great tribute to your mom, Michelle. I agree - she is a great lady. I am happy to hear that the surgery went well. She will continue to be in my prayers.
I love your blog; you are such a great mommy!
Post a Comment