Ok, so I can't find my camera, but wanted to post some things that we've been up to. Brooklyn has been showing A LOT of interest in going to the bathroom . She LOVES to sit on the toilet everytime she has a "stinky" (that's what she calls it). It is really cute. She just hops onto the toilet, grabs some toilet paper, closes the lid and flushes (or tries) then does it all over again. I think her favorite part is washing her hands. She sits on the toilet just so she can wash her hands by herself. She is little miss independent. Kenzie has seen her do it and usually does it too...(sits on the toilet). She's a little more freaked out about the whole thing, but does it if I hold her hand. Without fail though, Kenzie ALWAYS pees right AFTER she is on the toilet. So, we have had a lot of cleaning up for her. So does this mean I can potty train my kids AT THE SAME TIME? Once again, miracles do and can happen.
Well, the other thing we have been up to is peaches. Yup, up to our ears in peaches. Jenn and I went to an orchard on Thursday while Heather watched all 6 kids (5 under the age of 3) and picked 10 bushels for us and another 10 for the church. We were picking machines! Then yesterday Dad, Mom, Heather, me and our kids went to another orchard and picked 11 bushels of peaches and 4 bushels of pears. Right now I am just waiting for the girls to wake up to head over to Heather's to can them all. Oh boy...last night I brought up 150 jars to be washed and was just told I need to bring more up...more like 300. Oh boy...Here we go! I am hoping to bring home 100 quarts of peaches, a box of peaches for fruit leather, and a bushel of pears for dried pears and pear leather. Luckily I have a dehydrator. HERE WE GO!
Saturday, September 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Does this mean I might get some? I'd be there if I could! I'll even assist in making fruit leather to get canned peaches!
Post a Comment