Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Our week in Boise...AND we're still here having fun for another week!

I'm still here in Boise. Last week we picked a lot of veggies and helped process them. We picked enough peppers and chopped them up to fill 10 gallon size bags and we only picked 1/3 of them! We also made lots of zuchini bread. On Friday we went and visited my Grandma Ewing. Below are pics of our adventures. Over Labor Day weekend we went to the cabin and played. We got back around 4 pm yesterday. Just posting these pics took some time and I don't want to overwhelm you with pictures! We've had a lot of fun and still have another week to go! Mom goes into surgery tomorrow...please keep her in your prayers. We are starting a fast tonight and will fast through tomorrow. If you would like to join in then that would be helpful as well. Enjoy the pics!
Grandma Ewing



Brooklyn and Dad on the lawnmower. I remember doing this with my dad when I was little.


Did you notice her cute little USU dress? We have 1/2 BYU grads and 1/2 USU grads here so that is why I point this dress out. :) I bought this dress 4 years ago in hopes of having kids someday.

Mom, Lou, Nathan and Debbie...these pics are for you. :)

Mom's peppers. The box is 16X5 feet. She has 7 boxes full of produce. Does that put into perspective how much produce she has? These are what my boxes are going to look like after we are done redoing our backyard. I am going to have 3 maybe 4 boxes. I am VERY excited about this!




Pictures of Mom's garden. These pics just don't do it justice. My mom is an amazing gardener. Her plants were HUGE and produced A TON of food.


From left to right: zuchini/squash, peppers, green beans, 2nd box peppers and beets, then the rest are tomotoes. She still has corn, edamame, canteloupe, green beens, and rhubarb that aren't pictured.


Mom and Brooklyn picking plums from the tree. Brooklyn LOVES going from plant to plant and eating fresh fruit and veggies. If she can't get something she wants then she lets you know. :)

Dad and Kenzie on the lawn mower. Kenzie was on there a good 15-20 minutes and it looked like the sound was lulling her to sleep.

The girls giving each other loves.


Lou and I picked 16 zuchini from Mom's garden about the size Lou is holding up. Mom, Lou and I made 34 loaves that night, 9 more at the cabin AND still have 6 zuchini that need to get used up and we only dented half of the bowl you see there! Mom wanted me to stop making bread because she was running out of freezer space. Anyone want some bread...or zuchini? :)

This is Lou pretending to have the zuchini be a smile...she is such a nerd. :)



Kenzie was SOOOO tired after crying while getting her hair done. She is getting very difficult when it comes to doing her hair...isn't it cute though?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the pics. that zuccini is HUGE!! woa! kenzies braids are very cute too! nice to see you guys and what you're up to. we'll keep your mom in prayers.

Laura said...

Great pics Meesh! If you want to get rid of the zucchini...bring some to Julie!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker