Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fun with the Larsens

Today (Friday) Charlotte and I went shopping/ran errands together while Tom stayed home and watched 5 kids! Go Tom! He called 30 min. into babysitting to brag that he had all of them asleep except for 1 (who is 8). What a natural! I should have him babysit more! Then when we got home, we made homemade cheeseburgar pizza and dutch oven cobbler. yummmm! Then we watched a movie. What a fun night with the Larsens! They are such great friends and amazing people.

Since these 2 posts don't have much of Kenzie in them I have to tell about her. She is such a goofball. She is still as flexible as ever and yes, still has her beautiful mullet...I know I should have it cut, but can't bring myself to doing it. Kenzie is such a talker. She says sissie, do (dog), du (duck), dun (done), mamma, dadda, wa (water), mooo, yak (yak), wow, soft, hot, nana (banana), men (amen), su su (jesus), uh (up), bear noises, dog noises, cat noises, horse noises, and probably other words I can't think of off the top of my head. She is amazing. She is also a thief. She'll take a toy from Brooklyn then book it. She is fast! If I'm not close or in a good spot to hide from Brooklyn then she'll run and hide with the toy. Or if I'm close then she'll hide behind my legs. Brooklyn just stands there and fusses. She doesn't try and take it back. If Brooklyn takes a toy from Kenzie then Kenzie goes for her hair or takes the toy back. Such different personalities. Kenzie is still a great sleeper. She'll give me 2 naps 3-4 days a week and still go to bed around 7:30 and sleep until 9. Brooklyn is my night owl and my early riser. They are so cute in the morning. They run to each other's rooms when they hear each other wake up. They get so excited to see each other. Another funny, but not so funny thing, is that they BOTH are dumping their diapers without me knowing. I'll notice random diapers throughout the house and not even realize one of them doesn't have a diaper on. I guess gone are the days of letting them have just a diaper and a dress. I guess it's good we are going into winter where they have to wear pants. Brooklyn is also talking a ton. She is learning more and more words everyday. While I was on my way back to Boise and we were almost home I asked Brooklyn where Dada was. She thought for a second then said, "sleepin" . On the weekends Tom sleeps a lot so I always tell her that is where Tom is. She has such an amazing memory. I just love being a mom. I should write down more of what my kids do and say. They are hilarious and keep me laughing. Ok, it is 1:30am and I need to get the fruit leather out and head to bed. yes, I am still processing fruit. I have been making fruit leather in my dehydrator for the past 3 days straight. I just want to be done with it so I decided to stay up and get a batch in to process over night. I'm ready to be done, but know I have another 6 bags in the freezer left to process. Good night! I think this picture is SOOO cute!



Brooklyn and Zach. They play really well together and Zach calls Brooklyn his girlfriend. What's cute about this picture is that Zach put Brooklyn's legs on him. Brooklyn then leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. They are such good friends. I watch Zach and his sisters 2 times a week so we are lucky enough to see him often.


This is some video of Zach helping Brooklyn turn on the light.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I love the picture of Kenzie and Tom kissing, that is so precious!

Unknown said...

wow congrats to brooklyn for her toddler bed!! so who are the larsens? are they in your ward? good luck with all the fruit..

The Merricks said...

Adorable daddy daughter pictures! Too cute!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker