Just a recap of what we've been up to in Boise: We finished up our peaches on Monday and logged in over 400 quarts for the 2 days of processing. Everyone got all they wanted and we still had 6 boxes left over. So, I took home 2 boxes and am starting to make fruit leather out of them. YUM! I also got a bushel of pears to make pear chips (just dehydrated pears). Mom sent me home with tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, apples and beets fresh from the garden. YUM! I've been eating really well! Yesterday, Mom took me shopping to get some new clothes for my new body. It felt great to wear 4 sizes smaller then what I used to be. Mom treated me to some cute new dresses, a skirt and a shirt. I also picked up some winter shirts and pants. How fun! A new wardrobe! Thanks Mom for spoiling me once again. Speaking of my mom, we got the results back from her biopsy and she is cancer free. No radiation, no chemo, and no drugs needed at all. She just goes back in 6-12 months for another exam. Our family has been blessed. The Lord knew how much we still needed our mom and spared her life. I feel like our family has witnessed a miracle. First when Mom was able to catch it so early, next when the doctors couldn't find the other tumors that were clearly present weeks before, and then now that she has a clean bill of health. I always had a testimony of miracles and God's love for me, but now I KNOW he knows each of our needs and listens to prayers and fasts. Thanks to all who were concerned, prayed, fasted, and sent sweet emails/letters to our family. We truly are blessed and grateful.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Wrap up of Boise
Sorry for the picture overload. What an adventure it has been these last 2 weeks in Boise. I think I only sat down 1 night the whole time to watch TV. The girls had a blast and I did too. It was a lot of fun and goes down in the books as one of my favorite trips to Boise. I am now home. I got back around 10pm on Tuesday. Tom was sooo excited to see us and we were excited to see him as well. He is such a sweetheart. He shampooed all the carpets, mopped all the floors, and super cleaned the kitchen while I was gone. Plus, he worked a ton of hours, including weekends and spent all day Sunday helping his parents. I don't know where he found time to do it. It was very sweet of him and a burden lifted off my shoulders. :)
Just a recap of what we've been up to in Boise: We finished up our peaches on Monday and logged in over 400 quarts for the 2 days of processing. Everyone got all they wanted and we still had 6 boxes left over. So, I took home 2 boxes and am starting to make fruit leather out of them. YUM! I also got a bushel of pears to make pear chips (just dehydrated pears). Mom sent me home with tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, apples and beets fresh from the garden. YUM! I've been eating really well! Yesterday, Mom took me shopping to get some new clothes for my new body. It felt great to wear 4 sizes smaller then what I used to be. Mom treated me to some cute new dresses, a skirt and a shirt. I also picked up some winter shirts and pants. How fun! A new wardrobe! Thanks Mom for spoiling me once again. Speaking of my mom, we got the results back from her biopsy and she is cancer free. No radiation, no chemo, and no drugs needed at all. She just goes back in 6-12 months for another exam. Our family has been blessed. The Lord knew how much we still needed our mom and spared her life. I feel like our family has witnessed a miracle. First when Mom was able to catch it so early, next when the doctors couldn't find the other tumors that were clearly present weeks before, and then now that she has a clean bill of health. I always had a testimony of miracles and God's love for me, but now I KNOW he knows each of our needs and listens to prayers and fasts. Thanks to all who were concerned, prayed, fasted, and sent sweet emails/letters to our family. We truly are blessed and grateful.
Kenzie Loves to put on shoes. It's funny how personalities are so different. Brooklyn had no desire to do this.

Brooklyn's favorite place in the garden...the raspberry patch
Isn't she sooo cute. She's getting REALLY good at posing.
This is the picture she takes when we tell her to show us her teeth.
Checking out the bugs.
These are the best pictures I could get out of Kenzie.

Ryan, Brooklyn and Austin
Austin, Kenzie, and Ryan

I did Hannah's hair for her. She wasn't too happy with me, but she looked SOOO cute!
Our little daredevil. My parents have a sloped driveway and it is PERFECT for toys. Kenzie took that toy and lifted her legs and there was no turning back. She also accidentally went down backwards, liked it so much that she went down backwards on purpose the next time.
Busy girls
On the shed there are 2 doors. It is funny to watch all the kids go up and knock on them to see if anyone will answer.
Aniston (Scotty's little girl) and Brooklyn
This picture says a lot. Kenzie just got done pulling Aniston's hair, Dad is trying to hold her back, Brooklyn doesn't want to stay for the picture, and Dad is making another goofy smile that he likes to do for pictures. Phew!
Scotty, Eva and Luke
Scotty and Luke

We went out back and just had the girls run! Boy did they sleep great that night. My parents used to do this to us to tire us out. It works!
Brooklyn is VERY fast. She got the ball 1st most of the time. It is really cute how she runs.

Brooklyn loved the cat. She looked for her anytime we went outside. The cat wasn't too fond of her though.
Brooklyn smiling with a marshmellow in her mouth.
Brooklyn LOVES her little people and the bus. She always made sure they all had seats on the bus and then she would drive around with them.

More little people. She's trying to carry them all to another destination, but can't seem to get them all.
My dad surprised the girls 1 morning with new bikes. It was really cute to see how excited they were and they didn't even know what they were. Kenzie REALLY liked the bikes and climbed on immediately. Brooklyn had to assess the situation first, finish playing with her little people, then she climbed on and had a blast. Thanks Dad! You spoil them!!!
Just a recap of what we've been up to in Boise: We finished up our peaches on Monday and logged in over 400 quarts for the 2 days of processing. Everyone got all they wanted and we still had 6 boxes left over. So, I took home 2 boxes and am starting to make fruit leather out of them. YUM! I also got a bushel of pears to make pear chips (just dehydrated pears). Mom sent me home with tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, apples and beets fresh from the garden. YUM! I've been eating really well! Yesterday, Mom took me shopping to get some new clothes for my new body. It felt great to wear 4 sizes smaller then what I used to be. Mom treated me to some cute new dresses, a skirt and a shirt. I also picked up some winter shirts and pants. How fun! A new wardrobe! Thanks Mom for spoiling me once again. Speaking of my mom, we got the results back from her biopsy and she is cancer free. No radiation, no chemo, and no drugs needed at all. She just goes back in 6-12 months for another exam. Our family has been blessed. The Lord knew how much we still needed our mom and spared her life. I feel like our family has witnessed a miracle. First when Mom was able to catch it so early, next when the doctors couldn't find the other tumors that were clearly present weeks before, and then now that she has a clean bill of health. I always had a testimony of miracles and God's love for me, but now I KNOW he knows each of our needs and listens to prayers and fasts. Thanks to all who were concerned, prayed, fasted, and sent sweet emails/letters to our family. We truly are blessed and grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Yea for your mom and all of you! I'm happy for you guys.
hey i am SOOO happy that your moms tests came back cancer free!!! thats awesome. nice pics. the girls look like they loved the bikes! how cute! and i love the garden pics of them, very adorable of brookly posing;) we'll have to see you guys sometime! we are still in cottonwood heights, so a little bit of a drive. but hopefully soon we will find a place a little closer.
Its great to hear that your mom is doing well. We just LOVE that lady, she really is a great person, and very selfless. The pics of the girls by the flowers are sooo cute! I love the one of Brooklyn posing! What a sweetie! Love you guys!
Sorry, that last comment was mine, not Marys. I was logged in under her account, because I had just updated her blog for her. Jenny
Very cute pics...looks like you had lots of fun in Boise. We'll have to get together next time, when you aren't up to your ears in peaches! :) I'm so glad that your mom is doing great and there's no cancer. That's definitely a little miracle and answer to prayers for your family. :)
Post a Comment