Sunday, September 07, 2008

Fun at the cabin

Uncle Ben and Brooklyn




I know, post overload...I just have A TON of pics to post. We've been doing stuff everyday and I can't keep up with the posts! Bear with me. :)
We were trying to get dinner ready so Mom took all of the kids back to her bedroom, cranked up the music (from whatever she could find on tv), and the kids danced their little hearts out.


Brooklyn figured this one out on her own. I thought it was really cute so I grabbed my camera. She kept saying ohhh and birrddd.






Lou catching a fish

Jenn fishin'



They were curious. They even touched the fish.











My HUGE fish...acutally, it is the size of the bait we used when we went halibut fishing. It is a perch. Earlier that morning, we all caught about 10 total and we cooked them up for dinner that night. yumm!


Hannah and Heather

Dad watching us fish



Adults gravitate towards firepits and kids gravitate to sand. This is what all were doing at the same time.


Playing with sand and dirt...it's funny, but when there is a pile of sand kids tend to gravitate towards it.













1 problem...Hannah and Kenzie LOVE the same duck. So, they ended up sharing it...sometimes.


Heather and Hannah


Brooklyn jumping on the trampoline that is on the lake. She LOVES to jump!







Kennedy and Brooklyn headed down to the lake


Kenzie and her wild hair


Ryan, Tom and Kenzie making cobbler in the dutch oven. Tom brought the dutch ovens from home. We do A LOT of dutch oven cooking.


Kenzie walking down to the lake




Kennedy (Jenn's little girl)



Lou is such a fun aunt. All the kids just love her. It was cute, they all pretended like they were sleeping then screamed when Lou said, "wake up!". Last weekend (for Labor Day weekend) we went to the cabin. I LOVE it up there. It is SOOO beautiful! We went fishing, rode the boat (the waves were too high to do much else), ate really well (like always), played games, watched Napolean Dynamite (why do I think that show will get better with time?), had bon fires, roasted marshmallows, went running, and just enjoyed each other's company. ohhhh. How I love going to the cabin. I only wish I lived closer to enjoy it more.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I love that you put so many pictures on! It tells the whole story. I always think if people could only understand how many pictures I take, they wouldn't think I put that many on....I enjoy looking at the pictures.

Krystal said...

What a fun Labor day weekend at the cabin! Wow! It is so beautiful there; it looks like you guys had tons of fun too. I agree with the previous comment... pictures tell the whole story. I love all the pictures you post!

Laura said...

Nice work Meesh. Does anyone else take pictures besides us??

Melanie said...

Hey Michelle! It's looks like you had fun! I'm glad life is going so well with you! If you ever want to know what new with me check out my blog, I try my best to keep it updated, anyways its honduranrm.blogspot.com

Have a great one!

Mel

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker