Monday, January 05, 2009

Still our vacation...1st night at the cabin

Kenzie kept putting Ben to sleep. She LOVES Ben. They were buddies all week.




The first night at the cabin was a little....dark. When we arrived in Cascade, Idaho my folks told us that a tree had fallen and had knocked down the power lines so there was no power and the road to their cabin was blocked. They anticipated a couple of hours of delays until it was cleared. So, we checked out Cascade (population like 500) and the array of shops (1). We saw all we could see in about a 1/2 hour so we decided to drive to the cabin and see if there was a way to get there somehow. We ended up getting through about a 1/2 hour later. The next dillema was that it was dark and cold in the cabin. It ended up being fun though. Everyone gathered around the fire and we all talked. We got out the candles and flashlights and headed to bed around 11. The power came on shortly after that. What a fun night. I love adventures like this. They are memory makers.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats kenzie on your first haircut! im glad she was so good for it, andrew has been so scared of them lately...

Luke and Erin said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I kinda like it when the power goes out too. It really makes you find a way to have a good time!
Good Job on the first Hair cut. It can be a little scary!

Krystal said...

You have posted so many fun memories and pictures. I love reading your blog! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas and vacation with family. Your babies are so cute and growing up so fast! Too bad for the holidays you guys come to Boise, and we head to Utah! Maybe someday we'll meet up somewhere! :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Laura said...

I agree, I enjoyed the adventure! I'm going to have to keep an eye on Kenz...Ben's taken:)

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker