Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kenzie's gone curly!

















So, I bought a small curling iron and have been curling Kenzie's hair. She is sooo patient and actually lets me do it! I think she looks like a totally different kid with it curled. Still a cute kid though...just different. We have been busy the past couple of weeks. This past week I started a Biggest Loser group in our neighborhood. I was able to rally 12 people in our group! I created a blog where we can bounce ideas off of each other and post results. We meet once a week to weigh in and access how things are going. I am really excited about this! On Friday my good friend, Lindsey, offered to watch our girls so we got to go on a date. Usually when we go out it is with people. It has been a very long time since we have gone on a date with just us. I LOVED the time with Tom. All we did was get him some workout shorts and some shoes then we went to dinner at Rumbi (yummy!). The best part was we held hands, Tom opened my door and we talked and talked. It was nice to reconnect with him. I feel so blessed to have married him. He is such an amazing husband. It doesn't hurt that he is a great father too! I am spoiled. Well, yesterday we went swimming at the pool. I have been aching to go. The girls had a lot of fun. Brooklyn LOVED the slide and jumping off the side. Kenzie loved just being in the water and also sitting on the side of the hot tub while having water poured on her. She is one that loves to be pampered. After swimming I made spaghetti and Kenzie ate 3 bowls of it! We had 1 hungry girl! Then we played Risk and Canasta with Debbie, Rachel and Laura. What a fun evening...I wish I had my camera. Tom isn't feeling very good right now and I think Brooklyn is coming down with a cold. She was up most of the night and is really stuffy this morning. It is almost 10am and Kenzie is still sleeping. I hope she isn't getting sick too! Some cute things that the girls have been doing are Brooklyn has been saying "awesome" a lot. The other day when I was doing some laundry in our bedroom she came in, helped a little then as she was leaving she said, "momma, I be right back, k?" I say that to them all the time. I keep forgetting to mention this, but Kenzie sleeps on her arm and with her foot over the edge. I do the same...so does my dad. It is funny how different traits pass on. Kenzie is talking like crazy. She is saying 3 word phrases like , "I yuve you", "Snicka no no", "momma wan mik". I can understand her more and more everyday. Life is good.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Cute new background, I love the header. And I also love the curls! :)

Unknown said...

how did you do the new header? very cute. kenze does look different with curly hair, cute though!

Laura said...

Your new header IS way cute :) I can't believe she's patient with the curling iron since I know how she is with braids:) haha

Jerry and Maaret said...

cute curls :)

Krystal said...

Kenzie does look cute in curls. How fun to go on a date without the girls!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker