
n

a







Melody and Graiden

Kenzie looking over the edge at the Visitor's Center. After walking around a bit we got cold, so we went into the Visitor's Center and went and saw the Christus. That is always a highlight as well being on Temple Square. Most of the kids put their hands in the water while we were walking so their hands were cold. It was also a good stopping point to eat popcorn balls. I made some before we left. I was feeling kind of sentimental that day. Chocolate popcorn balls are a tradition in my family growing up. Almost every Sunday, mom would make them or regular popcorn. It was a Sunday treat that I loved and looked forward to. So, I decided to make some and share that tradition with everyone.


The gang


Shawn and Bonnie

The guys with all the kids. Erin was joking that it doesn't seem possible that only 3 Dads were the recipients of all those kids under the age of 4.

Graiden eating the popcorn ball without hands. I thought it was pretty darn cute.





The girls: Bonnie, Erin, Melody, Maddie and me


The guys...Tom, Colby, Shawn, Luke and Ellis




Brooklyn loves to dance. Lately, we have been playing Vince Gil's Christmas CD and dancing to it. It is just the girls and myself home so why not right? They don't care that I really don't know how to dance. They are just happy to dance. Anyhow, here is a picture of Brooklyn dancing with her monkey. Later, she tried dancing with Snickers, but he would not comply so she gave up.

This doesn't have to do with Temple Square, but I thought it was festive. Brooklyn just got done putting on some lipstick (with a brown marker) and going potty in the toilet. She was in a goofy mood and put on Tom's Santa hat. She started dancing and making funny faces at me. She is so funny.

On Sunday, a bunch of Tom's cousins and we met at Temple Square to look at their amazing lights. They were really beautiful. I never feel like my Christmas festivities are complete until we go to Temple Square and do this. It made it even more fun to go with some fun people. A couple of weeks ago Erin (Luke's wife) and I decided it would be fun to get together sometime. They live in Ogden and we are completely the opposite direction which makes us about 1 hour and 15 min. away from each other. That makes it kind of difficult to see each other. We figured seeing the lights would be perfect. So, we planned it and were amazed at all who came. We invited everyone that was a Hall and we got almost everyone there. Thanks everyone for making the effort to come. It was great to see you guys! I think we should make this a tradition every year.
4 comments:
Ah, you forgot the part that we were a 1/2 hour late and Jermey bawled his head off because his hands were cold so we were forced to the vistor center ;) YAY for great memories. You know I will think that is funny... next year.
It really was a LOT of fun! I am so gald we got to go with you guys.
By-the-way you got way better pictures than I did. I am in serious need of a better flash!But I will email them to you as soon as I get around to uploading them to my computer.
THANKS so much for the popcorn balls. Jeremy asked me "can me can have him more way yummy good popcorn sticky?" I think he really like it!
Merry Christmas, I hope it is so much fun!
i always liked the lights there- how beautiful :)
It was fun to see you guys, we haven't seen you in forever. I think we will have to try and make this event an every year occurence. It was really fun to walk around and see the Temple and lights. Thanks for the popcorn balls, they were delicious, we still have some left, which makes for a great midnight snack :)
I love the lights at Temple Square. That is one of the things I miss most about not living in SLC anymore. Your girls are so cute!!
Post a Comment