In this picture the kids were having a snowball fight. It was hilarious to watch. They were amazingly good at getting each other in the face. This is what ended our time outside. A little boy got hit in the face and started to cry.
We got snow!!! I hate having snow on the roads, but if I don't have anywhere to go I love the snow! We got hit with a few inches the other day. I told some friends I would babysit their kids that particular day and found myself with 5 toddlers and fresh snow. I was planning on babysitting them for about 3 hours so I figured it would take 1 hour to get everyone dressed, 1 hour of playing, and 1 hour of undressing, drying the clothes, and feeding the kids. Done and done. So, I rounded up enough gear for everyone and they played to their hearts content. I even let our puppy out to play. Snickers loved it! His face was the same height as the snow so he was constantly giving himself whitewashes. I found myself smiling while I was out there watching the kids and the dog. I was having just as much fun as they were. When they were done, I looked out and noticed that there wasn't an inch of our property (and the neighbors!) that was left untouched. After they played they were down to their skivies and they bundled up with blankets while I put their clothes in the dryer. They got to eat lunch on the couch and watch Mickey Mouse Christmas. They were content and I was too. That was a good day.


3 comments:
Kids are so sweet in the snow! I love all of the fun things that kids get to do this time of year! You are a brave lady to take five toddlers out....I'm glad it turned out so well!
Does this mean that your girls now know how to throw a snowball at you? You can't blame me for that one:)
Looks loke fun. I love the close up picture of Brooklyn and snickers, so sweet.
Post a Comment