Sunday, October 05, 2008

Tom's 31st Birthday!

Tom turned 31 yesterday! His day started with BOTH of his girls wanting to sit on his lap. He loves that. They made him a card and he blew out a candle. We didn't have anything to put the candle in so he just held it. :) Later that morning we listened to conference then went bowling with the Larsens. Guess who won? No, not the birthday boy...it was KENZIE! She bowled more than double my score. :) Her score card is below. Brooklyn was a close second. Grandma Glenrose would be proud! (She was an avid bowler). After bowling Tom and Bryan went to the matinee and saw Eagle Eye. After the movie Tom went to the Priesthood session and I made tutus and Halloween costumes for the girls. When he got back we watched Iron man. I asked him if he had a good day and he said it was ok. I was surprised by his comment because I tried hard to make it fun for him. He said it would have been a lot better if he could have been around family and more friends. It just goes to show you that Tom is happiest when he is around those he loves. What a full day!!! Happy Birthday Tom...we love you and appreciate all you do for us.



Brooklyn did my hair. She wanted all the same stuff in my hair as I put in her hair. She even picked out the bows.















Aren't these soooo cute!




Notice Kenzie's score...what a bowler! I didn't post our scores because the kids beat us badly!
Brooklyn was very focused on getting a drink of water. She thought getting on her tiptoes would work. Zach even tried to lift her up.
Ume and Brooklyn

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday TOm!!! We'll have a late birthday bash with you soon! i love the little bowling shoes on the girls, soo cute!! looks like fun!

Luke and Erin said...

Happy B-day! I hope it was a great one!
I love when my kids show me up ;)Those scores are way better than anything I can do!

Andria said...

Happy Birthday Tom!!

Jerry and Maaret said...

awww... I DID think about you on your birthday, Tom, even though I didn't call or anything. Sorry. Anyhoo- HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

Brady and Jess said...

Awwww, Tommy...we are getting so old! Happy Birthday Bud...your girls are beautiful! Can't wait to meet them. Hopefully the weekend of the 18th will still work out! I'll give ya a call soon... Jess

Bonnie said...

happy b-day tom!!! looks like you enjoyed bowling, too bad the girlies stepped up their game ;)
michelle you are such a good sport to let brooklyn do you up like that, so cute!!

Miles and Bex said...

Happy birthday Tom.

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday Tom! I'm surprised though that you didn't make a cake for the candle. :) You always make amazing cakes!! Very cute bowlers you have there, and good too!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker