Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Neighborhood Halloween Party
We had a neighborhood/ward Halloween party. There were activities for the kids (fish tank, ring toss, balloons, etc. ) It was a FABULOUS party and very well planned out! I need to preface our costume choice: A couple of weeks ago I was at Big Lots and was just checking out the costumes. I stumbled upon some mullet wigs. I thought, no way would I EVER wear these, but they are hilarious. So, I bought 2 of them. Now, 15 minutes before the party started I asked Tom if he wanted to dress up. He said no and so I left it at that. Then, I told him I had 2 mullet wigs. Well, the creative juices started flowing. You can take an ordinary costume and when you add a mullet wig that just adds soooo much to the costume. So, Tom is a biker...with a mullet and I am a fisherman...with a mullet. After getting dressed and walking into the church I asked myself, "Why do I always pick Halloween costumes that make me look frompy and ugly? Why don't I pick to be a princess or something like that?" (past years: a homeless person, garbageman, etc. ect.) Next year, next year. We had a lot of fun dressing up. I don't think I've laughed so hard at Tom. He was game for it all and that was half the fun. A friend of ours from the South commented that we looked like a lot of the people from the south and that it wouldn't be considered a Halloween costume. We laughed at that. So, here we are...looking like fools, but man did we make some fun memories and would I do it again...in a heart beat because it brought our family closer. Mullets bring the best out in a family and we are lucky to have 1 in our family that is naturally occurring. :) We love you Kenzie!













Musical chairs









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I thought you guys looked so great! I love the mullets!
Oh my goodness that is AWESOME! I love this time of year! You all look so great :)
By-the-way Tom you are so WONDERFUL for having fun with your wife.
wow... mullets really change things, don't they? hahaha.... glad you had fun.
HAHA!! thats funny. you guys look hilarious!! the girls look adorable!! when our little girl is bigger i'll have to have you help me:)
I loved all of your costumes, great ideas. You all looked great!
I love the mullets, Michelle. They looked great. I'm jealous, but wait - maybe there's time for me to check out Big Lots here for some.
looks like you guys had a blast!!! i love dressing up for halloween, this is honestly my favorite holiday. your family turned out to be pretty creative with the costumes!
Mullets! HAHAHA! But seriously, Tom looked way too natural in that wig!
The mullet idea is hilarious!! Maybe only little kids are supposed to look cute on Halloween, and the adults can look as silly as they want! You guys are awesome!
Post a Comment