Sunday, October 26, 2008

Brooklyn and Kenzieisms

So, yesterday Brooklyn came into the kitchen and asked for some food. We gave it to her and she said "dank do" and so Tom said, "Your welcome" then Brooklyn said, "I'm welcome".

Kenzie has started to really express what she wants lately. Now, when she wants something from Tom or me she will grab our sleeves and say, "mamamamamamamamma" or "dadadadada" a million times or until we respond to her. It reminds me of Lion King and how Simba kept saying, "Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad" until he woke up. If we are busy then she gets louder and pulls harder.

A couple of weeks ago I rearranged the girls rooms around. In Brooklyn's room I put a night stand next to her bed. I could tell that the first thing she thought was that was a great place to climb on and jump onto her bed. I could see her thought process. So, she climbed up an jumped. I immediately told her no. Then I saw a picture of Jesus that we had and stuck it on the night stand and told her, "Jesus doesn't want us to jump on the bed. Jesus says no." Then she repeated, "Jesus says no". Then Kenzie came along and I could tell she thought the same thing as Brooklyn by using the night stand as a great place to jump from. She started climbing on and Brooklyn immediately pulled her down and said, "no, no, Kenzie Jesus says no". I couldn't help but laugh. What's even funnier is both of them haven't tried to climb on the night stand since. I think I need more pictures of Jesus on like the couches, our bed, the tables...

Right now I am at the beginning stages of potty training. I let the girls "go potty" on the big toilets in the house. They think they are soooo big. Anyhow, we were at Costco the other day and I had to use the bathroom. So, all 3 of us loaded up in the stall and Brooklyn starts saying, "ewwwww Momma, poopy, stinky" Then Kenzie starts making pushing sounds. I could hear a few giggles from the different stalls. When we were washing our hands the lady next to me said, "you must be potty training." I said yes and we both laughed.

Kenzie is such a tease. Anytime she can bug Brooklyn, she will. She will take toys from her just to get a reaction. She will usually take it, run and hide. Brooklyn just comes over and tattles on her. At the grocery store Kenzie will put her head on her shoulder and act all loving towards her and Brooklyn will say "No Kenzie". She will then get more affectionate and keep looking at Brooklyn for a reaction.

Brooklyn is VERY good at saying thank you when she is given something. We will often catch her say "thank you" and if we don't immediately say your welcome right after then she will say" your welcome" for us. What a well mannered kid! You have to be quick around her.

When Grandma Hall was leaving to go back home she was on the front porch and counting her bags. She started counting, "1, 2, 3..." then Brooklyn counted right off where she left behind, "4, 5, 6". It was really cute. She didn't skip a beat.

After Kenzie's first day of nursery I asked the teachers if she bit, hit, pinched, or pushed anyone down. They said she was great. Phew! What a relief. They did say that our kids our funny. They said that Kenzie ate crayons and Brooklyn liked to eat the water colors. If that's the worst things they do then I'll take it!

When we go on our walks in the morning we walk by a lot of animals. Anytime the girls see one they say what it is then start making the sound of the animal. We pass by cows, horses, cats, dogs, and an occasional fox, snake, or mouse. One day, we passed a really mangy looking dog. Brooklyn said, "Momma, what's that". I told her it was a dog. She didn't believe me. She kept saying, "nooooo, momma, what's that". After going back and forth she finally said, "no Momma, Yaaakkkkk. " Brooklyn just has a way of saying, "YAKKKK". It's really cute.

In our front yard we have a couple of strawberry plants. Every morning Brooklyn goes out there and checks to see if there are any "strowbrrys". Well, a couple of days ago I noticed that there were 2 binkies next to the strawberries. So cute. She took her binky out when she found one.

From previous posts, you know that Kenzie is now in a toddler bed. Well, after 3-4 days we still find her on the middle of the floor or by the door when she sleeps. She has yet to sleep through the night on her bed. Poor kid.

When Kenzie wakes up from her naps or in the morning she likes to knock on the door and say, Mamamamamamamamam" a million times. She will keep doing it until someone opens the door. Then she will gather her duck and blankie and come out.

Lately when Brooklyn has been going down for naps she'll sing herself to sleep. It is sooo sweet. Some of her favorite songs are Twinkle Twinkle or "Eee IIi, EEE IIIi OOOOO" She'll repeat them until she falls alseep.

I have to get ready for church, but have a million more stories about our girls. They are sooo fun right now!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Ahhh I love those girls! They do crack me up though, so keep the stories coming. Maybe I need to teach them more "Aunt" things so that you'll have more to write about:)

JoJo said...

I love little voices singing.

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

You are a great example of one who loves and embraces all the phases of Motherhood, Michelle. What little cuties!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker