Sunday, February 01, 2009







So, this is really hard to post, but we sold Snickers yesterday. He was chewing on our baseboards, our carpet and still wasn't potty trained. Tom was just done with him and had no patience around him. I wanted to keep him, but wasn't willing to put in the effort it required. I felt it was more important to give the attention to my 2 toddlers who require a lot of attention! So, it is for the best, but that still doesn't make it easy. We posted him on the web and 1/2 hour later he was sold. The family that bought him has 3 kids ages 6, 4, and 2. I didn't realize how much I was attached to him. I just have this pit in my stomach and I miss him. I never thought I was an animal person. I just hope he's happy and well taken care of. Man this is hard.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

WOA!! i didnt see that coming!! i know its sad to lose a pet. we still miss jinxy cat.

Dacia said...

It's so hard to lose a pet. I'm always amazed at how attached I get. Even to our gecko. The hardest thing I ever did was have to put our rabbit down because she was so old and sick. I cried more than my kids. Maybe when your kiddos are older you can take on another pet. some little dogs are harder to potty train.

Laura said...

I miss Snickers too! Sad Meesh, but I know it will be a good thing.

Stacey said...

I'm sorry Michelle, I'm sure you will be happy in the long run.

Megan said...

It's a tough decision and even tougher to follow through, no matter what the decision. But it sounds like you made the right one. I'm sure there will be a time in your life when your girls are older and can help more with the responsibilities of having a pet around the house. Dogs are a LOT of work! We will miss him too!

5 Brothers Farms said...

Oh! I hear ya on the chewed up baseboards...our Cassie dog is such a chewer! If I had it my way, she'd be sold too!:) Chin up, I'm thinking of ya!

Bonnie said...

Oh...that is sad. We thought about selling our cocker spaniel cause he would pee everywhere in our house. So we put him on ksl and got numerous calls, we had a guy picked out and everything, then we both teared up and had to back out. It's hard when you get rid of a pet, but there's always another chance, maybe when your girls are older. Take care!!

Angie said...

Oh pets are so hard! As puppies they are SO much work. You have had a lot on your hands with two toddlers plus a puppy!

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Your post did it for me; we have been talking about getting a puppy since the kids are leaving home. You reminded me why I don't really want to deal with one. I am way too picky about things like the carpet, baseboards, and the backyard.
The pit in your stomach will go away; ask Ben about "Rosie". Talk about a pit in the stomach!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker