Friday, February 20, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOU!





w


On the 12th, Lou turned 23! Since the girls were sick, I called up Debbie and we went to Lou's birthday party. It started off at Olive Garden then we went to Lou and Ben's place for some cake and ice cream. I'm a little late blogging this, but I felt like it was important because Lou is such a great sister and friend. I have to explain her cake because it says a lot about her. I made this cake. I called my sister, Brooke, the day before her birthday and asked her what shape I could do. We got to laughing about doing a belly button cake because the week before Lou was having belly button pain and the doctor actually found a stitch that hadn't dissolved after 4 years! It could only happen to Lou. The deer cake is because she has lots of deer in her backyard and she is fascinated by them. She even gave them names. So, it was only fitting I make her a deer cake too. So, there you go. It is sad, but this will be the last year that we get to celebrate with her on her birthday. They will be moving to Boise in July. That is sad to me because she is the last of my immediate family that lives here. Everyone else is in Idaho. She is a such a great person. She is always willing to sacrifice and do anything for someone else. She is also very funny and the life of any party. She is SOOO good to our girls and makes them feel special. Brooklyn prays for her Aunt Lou every night in her prayers. The girls look forward to seeing her and Lou is always willing to play with them. Just the other night when Tom and I went to the temple Lou and Ben babysat for us. Lou played with them the ENTIRE night. She didn't even need me to bring any toys. They used the rug and rolled the girls up in it. They also let them jump on beds and they played tag. What kind of babysitter wears themselves out like that? Yup, that's Lou...she's a giver. By the way, her real name is Laura, but ever since high school we have called her Lou. I don't remember why, but it just stuck. Lou, we love you and feel so blessed to have you in our lives. When we think of you we smile because you make us happy. Oh ya, I have to mention really quick that something else she does is she ALWAYS does my dishes everytime she comes over. If the dishes are done then she cleans something else. I can't keep up with her! Most of all, I appreciate it. I never ask her to do anything, she just does it. Thanks Lou. Ok, I could go on and on and I would, but it is almost midnight and I cannot be accountable for anything more I may say because I am waaaay too tired. We love you Lou. You're a great sister, auntie (yes, one of the favorites), and most of all, friend. I hope your birthday was great. You deserved it.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Well shoot, you got me crying. Thanks Michelle. We sure love living by you guys. We have so much fun and will really miss you next year. Thanks for being a great sister. You forgot to mention how anything Ben and I do for you is simply to pay you back for all you do for us:)

PS There are like 15 deer back there right now!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker