Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oh what do you do in the...wintertime!








The girl's table...perfect! (it was a sidearm extension from a chair)


Kenzie is such a goofy kid. She laid down when she was being pulled.


Brooklyn collecting rocks

Laura and the girls playing with coal. She taught them how to write with it. THANKS Laura...it must be the name...ALL Laura's I know teach my kids stuff that I probably wouldn't teach them. :)









Yup, that's right. It is in the middle of February and we went 4 wheelin' on Saturday. It had to be in the 50's! What a blast. We went with the Stufflebeams and they were gracious enough to let us ride their 4 wheelers too. How fun! It felt SOOOO good to be outside with sunshine. Man, that does a lot for the soul. We packed up the kid's outdoor toys, lunch, hats and coats. We were set. We were out there for about 5 hours, but the time flew by because we kept busy. It really got me itching to go camping. Down south was in the late 60's so I think we can go camping in the next month! I think we all came home with some sun on our faces too. Both girls zonked out on the bikes. They were just worn out! It was really cute also how Grandma taught Brooklyn about her shadow. Brooklyn wasn't quite sure about that. She kept hiding behind her and then looking for it. She didn't press the issue very long so I could tell she wasn't sure about the whole shadow concept. It was a great day, great company, and great food. What a fabulous way to spend a Saturday.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

So much fun! You guys are so great!

Luke and Erin said...

You know what they say about the weather in Utah, If you don't like it, wait a minute!
It is just crazy that we had such warm days and then it snowed FEET in one day. I am glad you were able to get out of the house for a bit.

Laura said...

When you said "Brooklyn collecting rocks" I instantly got that song stuck in my head. Thanks Michelle, thanks a lot!

Jerry and Maaret said...

that looks really fun :) hard to believe it's like that in february!

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Funny post! I expected to see a winter wonderland and I wondered why I didn't recognize Laura at first. Looks like great fun!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker