Thursday, February 05, 2009

Just some random happenings...




















This past week has been somewhat of a blur for me. It is already Thursday and I can't remember what we did all week. I've started some new habits that I am really liking. I have started to wake up at 6am every morning to workout and shower before the girls wake up. What a difference that has made in my day. I feel like I get a ton more accomplished in the day. I've also been going to bed around 8:30-9pm. I'm tired by then! I think it has helped Tom too because he has been going to bed earlier as well. He wakes up way too early and I hope it helps! I've also been trying to drink 1 gallon of water everyday and also not eat past 7pm. Just having that water makes me energized and by not eating at night I've noticed that in the morning I don't have that nauseus feeling I would normally get. I also got a haircut. Tom said it is his very favorite haircut that I have ever had. I think I have to agree because it is super easy to do. I'm embarrassed to admit this but Betsey actually showed me different ways to do my hair. I had no clue I was so clueless on things like a flat iron, root booster, defrizzer and how to rat my hair. Betsey is a fabulous hair dresser and since my normal hair dresser is in Boise, I think she's a keeper. Anyhow, there are some pics of it. If you don't like it you'll have to get used to it because I love it and I think it will be my new style for a long time (I don't like change much). My computer is not behaving and it only shows the script for the pics so I will explain some of the pics...The girls LOVE their aquadoodle, but we lost the pen! So, Lou taught Brooklyn that she could use her tongue and it would work. I taught both girls to get a cup of water and splash the water onto the aquadoodle then it works too. So, Tom was playing with the girls doing their new found skills. The picture where Brooklyn is eating is cute because she calls celery rabbit food, or rather, "wobbit food". Side note: Kenzie is obsessed with socks. If she sees that you have socks on then she will take them off for you. The pic of the girls sleeping is one I took one of the mornings. They looked so sweet. I took the pic in the dark so when I saw the pic of Brooklyn holding her monkeys hand I thought it was super cute. The rest of the pics are of when Lou and Ben came over on Sunday. They are so good with the kids. We love it when they come to visit us. Just FYI in case anyone was wondering...we talked to Snickers (new name Hemi) and they said he is a great dog and they love him. They said that they bought him a new coat and take him for walks everyday. I feel better knowing that he is well taken care of. I was really having my doubts whether or not we did the right thing. I was also missing him terribly. We are now considering a cat...we'll see though. Just looking right now. Well, better jet...I just started watching 5 toddlers and I think we all need to go outside and play. It is 47 out there!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a busy woman! You can really do it all! It dosen't sound like last weeks events have slowed you down much. Love the haircut, there is nothing like a new haircut to me. I find that it takes me out of my "funk". Love the new style! Love you both, Jenny

THE FISHING GRANDPA said...

C;ute Pics. The girls are getting sooo big! Thanks for posting. Nice haircut. Nothing like a new hair style for a pic me upper! Hey , I could use one of those!! Glad you on the upswing. Love you, mean it MOM Hall

Jerry and Maaret said...

i like the short hair :) and you look a lot like your sister- i never noticed that before.

Laura said...

I love love love love love your haircut! So cute! I'm glad that Brooklyn and Kenzie are learning good things from her Aunt Lou too, you always seem to forget those things.

The Sanchez Family said...

I think you are such a cool mom your girls are gonna love bragging about you when they're older =] i love the haircut next time im gonna go to betsy i didnt know she did hair until it was to late and the lady at great clips completly messed my hair up but it looks ok now...

i'm so sad that you had to give up snickers i was lookin at all the pics of the girls with him and they loved that little puppy BUT cats are really good to have we have a cat and she is really good with yasmin she doesnt attack her or anything and yasmin beats her up i love our cat if you do decide to adopt a cat though our cat is actually pregnant and due anyday if you decide to get a kitty e mail me or call and let me know and as soon as momma cat allows us to see them i will let you know and the girls can take their pick my e mail is tnya_4@ymail.com or call @ 801 822 6113 see you soon ;) tootles

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joanie said...

Hey Michelle- I was wondering how much you trained for the marathon you did. How many miles a week were you running? I'm going to do a half this summer, but I am trying to decide if I could pull off a full. I don't think I have the time. Anyway, just wondering.

BTW, I totally had my hair-dresser give me a lesson last time I had my hair cut. I have a hard time with change, too.

Luke and Erin said...

If you are still thinking you would like a cat... We have one. We are not going to be able to take her when we move :(.
She is almost 2, she doesn't have her front claws, she has had her shots and has been spayed. She is an indoor/out door cat. Just an option. We would like to see her go to someone that will take care of her. If not that is okay. Really I know how much work pets are. Just thought I would offer :)

I really like your new hair cut. It looks really great on you. As always, your girls are super cute!

Krystal said...

Your new hair cut looks great on you; I really like it! The sleeping pics are sooo sweet of the girls. That's awesome that you get up and work out before they even wake up!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker