Friday, February 13, 2009

Almonds and ailments


So, Brooklyn and Kenzie have RSV. They went to the doctor last night and it is confirmed. Brooklyn had been up the night before practically the whole night and all she wanted was to watch Little Einstein. She laid on the couch the entire day yesterday and so we knew something was up with her. Kenzie was bouncing off the walls and just playing so we thought she just had a cold. Then last night Kenzie starting wheezing. We thought the girls should see a doc. Confirmed...both have RSV and Brooklyn has a double ear infection. Brooklyn is on antibiotics and Kenzie had a breathing treatment. Poor sweeties. One of the positives to this is this funny story: Let me start a couple of weeks back. Ok, so for the past couple of weeks Brooklyn hasn't let us wipe her face or even go near to her nose. We wondered if she had bonked her nose and it was sensitive and that was why she wouldn't let us go near it. Well, here we are a couple of weeks later and yesterday Brooklyn let but this HUGE sneeze. Sorry to be graphic here but I noticed this black thing sticking out. So, after wiping her nose there was 1/2 of an almond! We have no recollection of feeding them any almonds except for a couple of weeks ago. She may have had it stored in there that long. That explains a ton of things about her. She hasn't been sleeping well at all the past couple of weeks, she hasn't let us touch her nose, and she had a bloody nose on the side of the almond a couple of days ago. Poor kid. So with this RSV and an almond in her nose with a double ear infection she's been quite the trooper. If she wouldn't have caught the RSV how would we have ever known she had an almond in there?

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh my word! I can't believe she had an almond up there! I am so sorry about the RSV. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

Just Only Me said...

Poor girlies!! Oh my goodness, what an almond story to tell later, I'm sure it will be a funny one...waaaaay down the road.
You're all in our prayers, hope that they get well soon.
We have your christmas card picture on our fridge and we love it Thanks for thinking of us! (yes, I'm a little behind at opening mail that arrived while we were in China) :)

andrea wardle said...

RSV sucks! Evan had it when he was 9 months old, and we had to spend 4.5 days in the hospital... no fun. Nose suckies and breathing treatments.. I know all too well and you have my sympathies (with 2 no less)! How freaky about the almond! Eewww.

Luke and Erin said...

Ouch! I am surprised they didn't find it when they did the RSV test.
Poor girls I hope they are back up and going soon.

Andria said...

So sorry they have RSV. I have heard that is really hard!! I hope you are all feeling better real soon!! I am glad you got that almond out. OUCH!!

Krystal said...

I'm sorry to hear your girls are sick...that's definitely not fun. Rachel is finally over her cold and ear infection that she caught. That's good that the almond finally came out in a sneeze...ouch!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sad! She really has been a trooper! I don't think that I would be very nice if I had that up my nose! That had to hurt, ouch!

The Sanchez Family said...

poor brooklyn and wow thats weird that there was an almond in her nose yasmin put a bead in her nose not to long ago we got it out

Laura said...

At least you held the almond with a paper towel. Poor thing! She is quite the trooper. And just so you know, I did NOT teach her that.

The Merricks said...

I hope the girls are feeling better soon.

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker