Sunday, June 01, 2008
Our trip down south
We went to Zion National Park over Memorial Day Weekend. We camped at Sand Hollow Reservoir which is known for their sand dunes. The girls were in heaven. Plus, all the sand made it nice in absorbing all the rain we got when we were there. We got in on Friday, had foil dinners, set up camp, and it started to rain. So, we went inside our trailer and played cards. Yes, we got a trailer. We haven't taken the girls on an overnight camping trip before and didn't know what to expect, so we splurged and got a trailer. It proved to be very helpful and handy! I still miss tents and such and will probably go back to that for the next trip. We were worried how the girls would do and they did great! They LOVED being outdoors and exploring. We already have our next camping trip planned! By the way, we went with Lou and Ben. We've had this trip planned for a couple of months now and it was a blast. On Sat. we went to Zions and hiked all day. We saw some beautiful country. The girls threw rocks in the river, saw some animals and birds, and were very good considering they were in their stroller a lot of the time. That night Lou and Ben made enchilades and cornbread in the dutch oven. Man, we ate well. On Sunday, we went into St. George and toured the temple grounds, visited Grandma Florence in the hospital and met up with Aunt Di. That night we roasted hot dogs, had dutch oven potatoes, and roasted smores. Can I just say that Lou has mastered the art of marshmallow roasting. I don't know if anyone knows this, but we also had a certified park ranger with us. Yup, Lou is going to make a uniform so that she is official. (We had problems with noise and rude neighbors and this is our solution for the future.) We had a lot of fun. The girls got FILTHY and I am still finding red sand throughout the house. Oh well, it was VERY worth the memories. Enjoy the pics...there are quite a few. I took over 300 so consider yourselves lucky that I didn't post more! :)





This is what Kenzie did while we toured the temple grounds.

Lou and Ben
Brooklyn was very intrigued by the flowers. She says "flors" She wanted to smell them and touch them.
St. George Temple

Brooklyn's "toys" for our trip were a cup, spoon, and all the sand she could wish for.
We hiked to the top of the Emerald Pools. Amazing views.










Brooklyn wanted to touch the squirrel. The squirrels at Zion's were extra friendly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I love the red sand and rocks. Looks like you had a great time. I miss those type of things!Glad you could take the girls and make those memories. Love you, mom Hall
wow, you've been busy! looks like fun :)
Great pictures-I enjoyed your selection. I knew you'd follow up on your Sunday deadline:) Thanks for such a fun trip, we cant wait until the next!
Fabuloso! I love to read your blogs! Is Lou for real a park ranger? Because that's what Scott's applying to be right now! I can't believe all the paperwork involved. I'll shoot you an email (well, I guess my weekly letter) and let you know a few more specifics. And hey, next time you go camping you need to call and invite me, or I'm going to fire you...
It looks like you guys had such a fun time! You are such a great mom!!
Post a Comment