Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Baby news
Well, we wish we had better news...I'll start with the good stuff. I am 50% effaced and still dialated to a 1. The "not so good news" is that she is breech. She must have moved this week because last week the doctor said she was down. So, I am going to have a procedure called a "version" done in 1 week. This is where they manually try and turn the baby. The complications are that I may go into labor and then they would have to do a C-section. They wanted to do it tomorrow, but the dr. realized I was only 36 1/2 weeks along. He wants to make sure I am at least 37 weeks, if not longer, before they do anything. If the baby turns around then we should be good and they will watch my progress. If it doesn't turn around then he still wants to induce me at 39 weeks and do a C-section. The other not so hot news is that I was tested last week for a strep culture to see if I had a certain yeast. Well, 1/3 of women have it and I am in that 1/3. The dr. said this yeast, if not caught or treated, can cause blindness and other defects when the baby comes out of the birth canal. It is a yeast my body has always produced, but rarely goes detected unless tested. So, there you go. WE're not out of the woods yet. Tom and I are holding a fast on Sunday so that the rest of my pregnancy goes smoothly. I may not be fasting from food, but I will be fasting from other things. We would appreciate any prayers. On a happier note, we went to Sears today and got pics of Brooklyn in her blessing dress. Adorable. I will still try and post the other pics on the blog. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
wow, that kinda stinks... good luck. at least with a c-section you don't have and contractions. see? there is a bright side ;) Anyhoo, i hope things go well for you. Love you guys!
Mar
Oh, I hope everything goes okay for you and the little one. I'll keep you in my prayers too. Good luck with everything!
HEIDI
Post a Comment