Over the weekend of the 28th of February my Mom, Jenn Reese (my sister) and my niece (Kennedy) came to visit me! My Mom (Grandma Ewing) flew in on Wednesday and we went right to Walmart to get some gardening supplies then to the Stufflebeams to visit. On Thursday we went for a long walk and ended up going to the park so the girls could play. After the park we had some lunch, took naps, went shopping at the Mall with Lou then came home and made dinner. Tom and I went to a class while my Mom and Lou babysat. Fun day! On Friday we just talked, planted some seeds (for my herb garden!!!), and sewed some things that needed mending. It was a pretty low key day, but productive in that it was just nice to have Mom here. Oh ya, that night we went and picked up Jenn and she and Kennedy (my niece) stayed the rest of the weekend with us. On Saturday we woke up early and went to 5 hours of gardening classes. I loved it and could have had more! I would consider my mom to be an expert gardener so going with her to these classes is very enlightening. I learn a ton from her as well as from the classes. It was just nice to be with my family. After the classes Tom met up with us with Brooklyn, Kenzie and Kennedy at Iceberg. He was super Dad for the day and babysat all 3 kids. We had some ice cream then Tom left with the girls and Jenn and my Mom and I went to Tao Pan. Anytime my Mom comes into town we go to Tao Pan because she doesn't have anything like it. It is just fun to go in there and explore. Then we took my Mom to the airport. I hate taking her because it makes me sad that our time together is over. After dropping her off, Jenn and I went home, talked and she help me set up billpay. Can you believe I still did all of my bills via checkbook and stamps? I needed to be educated and thanks to Jenn...I'm all set up and life is soooo good as far as that goes. Thanks Jenn! On Sunday, we had the awesome opportunity to go through the Draper Temple on an VIP tour. Jenn's relative is the recorder for the temple and has keys so he took his family through and our family got to tag along. I have a whole ton of pictures on that so maybe I'll post those tomorrow. It was amazing. Well, thanks Mom and Jenn for coming to visit me. It is very rare for family (except Lou!) to come so what a treat! We hope we didn't scare you off! :) We love you guys!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
A visit from my FAMILY!
Over the weekend of the 28th of February my Mom, Jenn Reese (my sister) and my niece (Kennedy) came to visit me! My Mom (Grandma Ewing) flew in on Wednesday and we went right to Walmart to get some gardening supplies then to the Stufflebeams to visit. On Thursday we went for a long walk and ended up going to the park so the girls could play. After the park we had some lunch, took naps, went shopping at the Mall with Lou then came home and made dinner. Tom and I went to a class while my Mom and Lou babysat. Fun day! On Friday we just talked, planted some seeds (for my herb garden!!!), and sewed some things that needed mending. It was a pretty low key day, but productive in that it was just nice to have Mom here. Oh ya, that night we went and picked up Jenn and she and Kennedy (my niece) stayed the rest of the weekend with us. On Saturday we woke up early and went to 5 hours of gardening classes. I loved it and could have had more! I would consider my mom to be an expert gardener so going with her to these classes is very enlightening. I learn a ton from her as well as from the classes. It was just nice to be with my family. After the classes Tom met up with us with Brooklyn, Kenzie and Kennedy at Iceberg. He was super Dad for the day and babysat all 3 kids. We had some ice cream then Tom left with the girls and Jenn and my Mom and I went to Tao Pan. Anytime my Mom comes into town we go to Tao Pan because she doesn't have anything like it. It is just fun to go in there and explore. Then we took my Mom to the airport. I hate taking her because it makes me sad that our time together is over. After dropping her off, Jenn and I went home, talked and she help me set up billpay. Can you believe I still did all of my bills via checkbook and stamps? I needed to be educated and thanks to Jenn...I'm all set up and life is soooo good as far as that goes. Thanks Jenn! On Sunday, we had the awesome opportunity to go through the Draper Temple on an VIP tour. Jenn's relative is the recorder for the temple and has keys so he took his family through and our family got to tag along. I have a whole ton of pictures on that so maybe I'll post those tomorrow. It was amazing. Well, thanks Mom and Jenn for coming to visit me. It is very rare for family (except Lou!) to come so what a treat! We hope we didn't scare you off! :) We love you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
The first thing Ben said when he walked in and saw your post title was "What, we're not family?" Thanks for clarifying:)
sounds like fun! i love having my mom around too, im so excited she'll be here in less than a week! glad you had a good time!
I love your hair! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
Post a Comment