Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Guatemalan Dresses















\
About 3 weeks ago we got a Christmas package from Mary! Mary is Tom's sister who is currently serving a mission in Guatemala. She was very thoughtful and sent this to us! Mary said that the dresses the girls got were for nice occasions. They were super cute on the girls. The shirts were actually hand painted and hand sewn. Very cool. Thanks Mary for thinking of us! She also got Tom a tie and me a purse. So, the tie Tom is wearing is from her. THANKS SISTER MARY!

As far as life around the Hall house we have been busy. Last week my Mom and sister, Jenn and her daughter Kennedy came to visit. My mom and I went to 3 different parks, shopping, and to a 5 hour gardening workshop. Jenn joined us on Friday and came to the gardening workshops as well. The classes were amazing. They always motivate me to try something new in my garden. This year I think I am going to plant a ton more strawberries and also plant a raspberry bush. I took both a raspberry class and a strawberry class so I want to try it out. I also took a seed starting class. Right now I have about 25 plants that I have started and they sprouted! I just love watching the whole gardening process. Speaking of gardening, I planted my peas this morning! Something that I'm not proud of but had to get done was I finally got our Christmas lights down yesterday. We've had snow and ice on the roof so it has been impossible to get them down. But since we've had such beautiful weather I figured it was time. We have spent a lot of time outside the past couple of days. Last night I went outside around midnight and it was still 57. I just love it! Yesterday the girls dug in the dirt, blew bubbles, drove their cars around and went exploring in the garden. They loved being outside just as much as me. Today we are going to the park. Today is supposed to be the last of the good weather for a week or so so we've GOT to get out!

4 comments:

The Barker Clan said...

How fun! Your hair looks amazing. It is a great new style for you. I am looking forward to gardening this year too, but mine will definitely not be as spectacular as yours!

Jerry and Maaret said...

Oh, gosh!! I LOVE those little dresses!!!

Laura said...

What a hot mama with that red purse! Woo woo! The girls look pretty cute in their little dresses too:)

Bonnie said...

Those dresses are way cute, and of course the girls in them are adorable!! Your hair looks really cute!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker