Friday, March 06, 2009

Just life

Brooklyn dancing in her heels. She just LOVES to sing and dance. The girls like to watch me cook. Most of the time they end up playing in the sink and getting themselves soaked. I figure if they are happy then I am happy.
Kenzie took some of Tom's socks and put them on. She did this all by herself. It looked pretty funny and she was very determined putting them on OVER her pants.Kenzie, Colton and Brooklyn. I was watching these adorable little boys and these are the cute smiles they gave me when I asked for a picture. Too bad the other little boy, Mikah, didn't fit on the bench. All of the kids playing together.
Brooklyn actually took this picture of Tom. We were surprised that she took a pretty decent picture.
Brooklyn LOVES to draw. She is really good at circles and is working on hearts, triangles and squares.
I was organizing some stuff in our basement bedroom and the girls played in these cubby holes for like 20 minutes. What creative kids.


They were taking the lids from the sippy cups, having me fill them up with water, then drinking out of them.

We had a little lunch picnic on the kitchen floor. We set up our bowls of yogurt, some tupperware and had lunch.


Little Azilyn Hall (Cousin Danny and Ashlee's little girl)


Duck in the carseat...how fitting.

Brooklyn learned how to work a remote control car at Grandpa's house.


Brooklyn LOVES playing with this baby.

She is warming up the babies milk in her kitchen. I still warm up their milk too. I know, I'm a softy.


Brooklyn was playing peek-a-book and wanted me to take a picture of her hiding.

The girls LOVE doing puzzles. Kenzie is getting pretty quick at putting one together. Brooklyn is now working on 25 piece regular puzzles. She gets the sides but struggles with the middle. With some practice, she'll get it.

Brooklyn loves playing on the computer. I usually let her press the keys. She thinks she's pretty cool.

The girls like to play the game where they jump to us off the table. I know, probably not the best thing to teach them, but it is great family time and well...it is what it is.
Brooklyn likes to do somersaults. She came up with this on her own.




The girls were actually sharing the shopping cart.

We put Brooklyn in time out and when I went to take her out this is what she was doing. Brooklyn was pretending that she was asleep.

Here are some random pictures from the past couple of weeks that didn't make it into an actual activity or specific blog post. I guess you could say that these pictures are just life. I have some more specific things that we have done to post, but none of these fit into any of the categories. So, there you go. Just some of life in pictures.

A little side story. We have been binky free for like 2 weeks. Well, yesterday Kenzie found a NEW binky that hadn't been snipped yet. Instead of getting it from her right away I wanted to see what she would do. She put it in her mouth then took it out, looked at it, touched the tip, then put it back in her mouth again. She did this several times. Then she stuck it back in her mouth and made noises like, "this is the best tasting thing I have ever tasted." You know the sound. Yup, that sound. I let her savor it for about 10 minutes. Then she dumped it and I snipped it. She tried it again about a 1/2 hour later and she just looked at the tip and dropped it. Yes, they still ask for their binkies daily, but they quickly move on once I get them a "broken" one. Life is good without binkies.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm glad the girls are doing so well without binkys, it gives me a little hope for when i snip andys! the girls look like they are just the best little friends, its so cute!!

Laura said...

"The girls like to play the game where they jump to us off the table. I know, probably not the best thing to teach them, but it is great family time and well...it is what it is." --- Enough said:)

Krystal said...

Life is good...or so it seems from these cute pictures. The sharing the shopping cart photos were way cute! :)

Stacey said...

I love the pictures, you are such a fun mom. My favorite are the shopping cart ones...cute little pony tails...sharing...what could be better?

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker