Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I love to see the temple...





















Two Sundays ago we got to go to the Draper Temple Open House. What a beautiful temple both inside and out. As I mentioned before in my last post, we got to go to a special VIP tour of the temple because my sister's relative is the recorder for the temple. There was only maybe 20 people and we had the temple to ourselves. It was amazing. Some cool things we learned was that the woodworking in the temple was a type of wood that has no holes or knots so it will never get bugs or rot. The wood is also glued together and not nailed so that there is no holes anywhere. The floor was from France and the wood was from Africa. The artwork was very different than what I was used to. They used a lot of local artists throughout. The main sealing room is the largest in all the temples. It really was quite spacious. The celestial room's ceiling was very high up. Something I will never forget is the spirit that was present. Even though the girls were really rowdy there were little moments where I felt so much gratitude and love for my Saviour and for this beautiful temple. The other cool thing about going to the temple when we did was that that was the weekend where we had our 2 year anniversary of adopting and being sealed to Brooklyn. Each year at this time we like to go to the temple and do sealings in memory of such a special time in our lives of being blessed with Brooklyn. So, going to the temple open house and also going to the temple for Brooklyn was special...especially this time of year. We just love our little family and feel so blessed to have it forever.

2 comments:

Laura said...

What beautiful pictures! I love that you all got to go. Even your girls looked like they behaved at the temple!

Stacey said...

I love the pictures! What an awesome thing to go do sealings on the anniversary. You are truly amazing! BTW my boys both got stomach flu, so I'm glad I didn't come on Monday and share! :) I hope you guys had a great time.

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker