



Happy Birthday my sweet Mackenzie Faye. She is such a joy in our lives. Tom and I knew we wanted lots of kids. Our plan was different than Heavenly Fathers plan for us. We like to think that we had to wait so long because the spirits that were given to us were so special. Kenzie's story begins in Alaska. I was not feeling very well at all in Alaska and no one understood why. I took pregnancy tests and they always came back negative. So, we got back from Alaska and found out that a birthmom had picked us to be the parents of their little girl. So, we focused on this possible addition to our family. The nerves from adopting are horrible...but well worth it. I still wasn't feeling well, but figured it was due to nerves and stress. Well, about a week before Brooklyn was born we found out we were pregnant. We talked to the agency and they assured us that it was ok to be pregnant and to just proceed with adoption. The agency and we believed that if adoption was supposed to happen, then it will. Well, on Aug. 23 our sweet birthmom placed Brooklyn in our home and 7 months later Kenzie was born. She was born on March 27, 2007 at the Timpanogas Hospital. She was a breech baby so delivery was easy (I had a c-section)! I went in at 7 am and she was born at 9:28am. She was 6 lb. 6 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long. At birth she sucked her thumb then at 4 months she dumped that for a binky. From about 2 months she slept through the night. She was such a cuddler and good baby. One thing about Kenzie was she had and STILL has a nice scream when she doesn't get her way. She has always been a little sweetheart too. As soon as she could smile it stayed. At about 6 months she grew to love DUCK and her blankey. They still haven't left her side. Kenzie has been named the silent maurader because she is very sneaky and loves to tease her sister. She likes to get reactions out of people. She has done this from a very young age. Something she did when she was 8 months was she started doing this trill from the back of her throat. It sounded like a bird. She also made cow sounds at 9 months. She crawled at 7 months and walked at 13 months. Now she runs...away from us! She has always been very flexible. Some people call her gumby because she is so limber. She doesn't call Brooklyn her name but rather, "Sissy". She has called her this ever since she started talking. Now, Kenzie loves babies, her duck, teasing, tickeling, and playing with Brooklyn. Anytime I babysit the kids go right over to Kenzie and say, "Be nice". That puts Kenzie in her place and the kids play great together. If a kid forgets to do this then Kenzie torments and teases them the entire time. The kids have learned quickly that Kenzie is not one to be messed with. What a blessing to have 2 beautiful little girls. Kenzie is such a joy to have in our home. We like to think we have 2 little miracles in our home and she is definitely one of them.


7 comments:
Happy Birthday Kenz! I can't believe she's 2. That duck has certainly seen better days now seeing that picture of it when it was new! WOW!
Happy Birthday Kenzie! That is an amazing story!!!!
Emma's will be 5 tomorrow. I love birthdays, they bring back some of the best memories I have!
Wow! How time flies! Time for another one, right?! Happy Birthday Kenzie! What a blessing she was!
That was such a fun post. She is a darling little girl!!! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Kenzie! I love all the pictures you posted. She looks so cute in all of them. Have a great day, and we can't wait to see birthday pictures.
Happy Birthday Kenzie :)
Happy Birthday to Kenzie! What a sweet story. She's such a sweetheart, but still has lots of cute personality. :)
Post a Comment