Monday, May 19, 2008
We've been up to...
This week has been a lot fun. Sorry, this post is mainly a Brooklyn post. I tend to get a lot of pics when Kenzie naps. Sorry Kenzie! The girls are so much fun right now. We took them swimming (I'll post those pics later. Too many to post now), went for walks, played outside, planted my garden, made pear leather and pear chips with my food dehydrator, and made more bows to pass along! Enjoy!
This is Brooklyn's drawing of our family. We asked her where mommy was and she pointed at it and said "right there" (ri there). Then we asked her where daddy was and she pointed somewhere else. When we asked her about Kenzie she pointed in the other room. I guess Kenzie isn't part of her picture.
This is a funny story so if you read nothing else read this. Ok, so the other night we put Brooklyn to bed. Her little ritual at bed time is to make noises and chuck her binkie so that we come in 1 more time. Well, 15 minutes later I came in and this is what I saw. Yup, she learned how to take off her pj's and was working on her diaper. I couldn't be mad. I laughed and then got Tom. We got a good laugh at this. I guess that teaches me to not teach her how zippers work. ( I did that earlier today. oops)
The girls have been so interested in my makeup. So, now when I put my makeup on I have to give them some of it. Brooklyn loves lipstick and Kenzie likes my mascara. We pretend put it on and they think they are soooo pretty.

When I was planting my garden Brooklyn wanted to be my helper so I got her a bucket and a shovel and she filled it up with rocks and bark. She LOVES being outside. Earlier, I planted my flowers and she helped put the flower in the hole then buried the flower. She is so darn cute and so helpful.


They play so well together.
This has been her favorite toy lately. She fills it up, takes it for a drive, then dumps it in another room and then goes back and fills it up with more toys. And you ask yourself...how does Michelle keep the house clean. I try?
After we are done saying our prayers Brooklyn always says a prayer of her own. She always ends with a "Aaaammmeeeee" (the e sounds like an a). Sometimes we'll ask her if she wants to say it and sometimes she will. Most of the time is is a "no, no, no".
Tom was saying the prayer and I peeked. This is what I saw. I grabbed the camera and got a shot. I know, irreverent...but soooo cute.
I peeked into Brooklyn's room to see what she was up to and this is what I found. I ran and got the camera when I saw this. What a little sweetie. These are the books Tom has made me for Mother's Day.

She found 2 binkys and stuck them in her mouth. goofball.
Brooklyn trying to buckle the carseat.
Brooklyn has been very fascinated by buckles this past month. She likes to see how things work. She found the carseat and tried to get the buckles snapped. It took her a couple of weeks and she is now able to do it. She can't undo them (thank goodness), but is very helpful in buckling her own car seat and high chair seat. I love that she is getting self sufficient. The cute thing about this picture is that for Mother's Day Tom went to the store and took Brooklyn with him. Well, Brooklyn wanted to give me this balloon. Ever since Mother's Day Brooklyn has wanted this balloon everywhere with her. So, I clipped it onto her outfit and off she went. If I didn't know where she was all I had to do was look for the balloon lifted above the cabinets etc. She only got stuck a few times, but was soooo cute with how much she wanted the balloon with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What a cute little helper. You have a nice journal of your family now. What a treasure!
Your girls are both so cute, and at such fun ages, they are both discovering so many things. It is so fun to be able to keep track of it all.
awww i miss you guys! it sounds like brooklyn is talking a lot more! very cute pics, especially the garden ones;) she is so helpful.
Post a Comment