Monday, April 14, 2008

We've got an escapee

This last weekend we went to Boise for a baby blessing, family pictures, and just to hang out with my family. I have a PLETHORA of pictures, but I'm not feeling so good right now and have to stay close to the porceline throne. I just HAD to share what Brooklyn is up to before I forget. So, the other night we put the girls down for bed. About 15 minutes later Brooklyn came up the stairs and was like,"Hey guys, I'm ready to paaarrrtyyy." You are probably thinking...totally normal for a kid to not want to go to bed. The tricky thing is that Brooklyn was put into a portacrib. The portacrib comes to her mouth. So, Tom took her back downstairs to bed and waited in the hall. He heard her grunt and then 2 min. later, the door cracked open, and out came our little escapee. She thought she was soooo cool. I have to admit, we laughed and were shocked. So, it looks like she'll be going to a big kid bed here shortly. Her crib is about the same height as the portacrib. Brooklyn is such a climber and never ceases to amaze us.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sorry that your not feeling well. We'll have to enjoy the nice weather when your better. If you need me to watch the girls let me know.

Unknown said...

hahah! brooklyn is so funny! and shes surprisingly strong!

Jerry and Maaret said...

haha... i dare you to keep her contained!!!

Laura said...

So cute! Of the two girls, I'm not at all shocked that Brooklyn is your escape artist. We sure loved having you in town!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Brooklyn has been around Mary too much! Fun kid.
FYI: Portacribs are much easier to get out of than a reg crib,So you may have a little more time left.
But hey, when it's party time, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. Love you, mean it. mom

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker