Sunday, February 24, 2008
Brooklyn's Rite of Passage
Brooklyn is officially 18 months and every parent that has an 18-month old looks forward to something special that they can take their 18-month old to at church...NURSERY!!! We have been counting down the days and with how well it went today...Brooklyn was looking forward to it as well. I walked her to nursery and she walked right in, sat down, and never looked back at me. I said, "bye bye Brooklyn...love you" and she didn't even respond. Not even a wave...nothing. Like every 1st time parent taking their 1st child to nursery, I looked in to see how she was doing. She held babies, played with kids, played with playdough and got marshmellows for her snack. What a lucky girl! I saw her make eye contact with me once and then she would look down like, "If I acknowledge Mom then she may take me away from this wonderful place." When I picked her up her leader said that she was a dream child and that she shared, folded her arms for the blessing on the food (we work on that everytime we say a pray...it was nice to see she pays attention to that. :) and never fussed. She said that Brooklyn was more than welcome to come back next week. Phew, huge relief. So, nursery went well for her 1st time. She even brought us a picture back. What a big girl. She is soooo fun and I have to admit, I missed her while she was in nursery. For those of you wondering why Tom wasn't there...he wasn't feeling well.
"I'm ready for nursery guys!!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
After talking to you I understand the "..." about Toms absence. Nice Meesh. Get better Tom!
I've been counting down the days til Bri went to Nursery too, and for the last 2 Sundays when she's been old enough, she's been sick and home from church for the first times!!! Maybe next week? I'm glad Brooklyn was so well behaved...we'll see if Bri follows in her footsteps!
Maggie was like that, she went into nursery like she owned the place. She only got upset when it was time to leave. WAHOO FOR BROOKLYN!!
Ahh, as a nursery leader we LOVE kids like that. wish she was in MY nursery!! Love and miss you all,
MOM Hall
Wow! Your little girls are getting so grown up and so darn cute! Nursery is a big step for Brooklyn! What cute little ones you have. And to answer your question...yes, motherhood is GREAT!!
Michelle:
I ran into your blog through megans. You and your family look like you are doing well. I am so happy for you. cute little girls. BTW this is annie sager. Just thought I would drop you a line. have a great day!!
ps do any of your sisters have blogs? Jen maybe?
Post a Comment