Monday, February 26, 2007

ANOTHER funny story...

Ok, another funny story. On Friday, Tom came home and decided that we needed to go to RC Willey. The weather was iffy for the day and we didn't know if we would get caught in a storm so we decided to leave right away. Well, I have to be honest. It was a rough day in the "getting ready for the day" department. I think I still had my robe on. So, I stuck my hair in a bun and threw on some clothes and off we went. When we got there Tom had to use the bathroom so I told him I was going to start looking. I had lil' Brooklyn with me and I guess you could say I look pregnant. So, we are looking and a lady and her husband and a couple kids look at me up and down. (I'm used to this because people can't figure out how I LOOK prego, but have a little one.) After I pass them the lady whispers to her husband, "I didn't know poligamists could wear jeans." I told Tom this and he got fired up. It's just not worth it to say anything. During this pregnancy I've really learned...judge not lest ye be judged. We don't know what people are going through and we shouldn't judge. It would be so refreshing to have someone just smile at me and not judge me.

6 comments:

Mary Grace said...

ohhh mich- that story made me laugh out loud!!!! how rediculous! haha i love it. the pligs....

Heidi Michelle said...

Michelle-That story is funny. Just so you know, when I look at you, I don't judge you! perhaps I'll see you this weekend!
HEIDI

Unknown said...

hahah!!! thats a funny story. oh man, i cant believe they thought you were a plig. but thanks for sharing, me and my mom got a good laugh...:)

Jerry and Maaret said...

you should have whispered back, "we wear lingere too!" or something silly... i'm sure she would have been terribly embarrased. that's hilarious... man, i wish i could be there for such things!

THE FISHING GRANDPA said...

jbTommy,
Next time, say some thing like the lingere remark and then ask if they have any sisters or daughters, and then explain that your husband only has one wife and is still looking!! Then watch them turn red...be ready to catch one of them if they pass out though.
Reminds me of the passage in Matt6 where the Savoiur tells his disciples and apostles to judge only with righteous judgment, that means the disciples have to have thier own houses in order before passing judgement. PS..look at the foot notes from the JST MATT 6, it makes the statement much clearer than the King Jaime's version.
love dad--see you in the am...Whoppeeeee!!!!

Miles and Bex said...

That was such a funny story. It made my day reading it. I hope you are writing all these things down in a journal. It will be so fun to read in 10 years. Hopefully I will see you guys tomorrow but tonight I am way sick. I am hoping to get better but you know how that is. It will make me so sad to miss it.

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker