Sunday, October 08, 2006

The happenings...

Well, this weekend was very productive and it isn't even over yet. Tom doesn't have to work because of Columbus Day. Thanks Columbus! Yesterday, Tom worked on the basement. He is working on the finish work like the baseboards, windowsills, shelving, and door frames. Very tedious. I wish I could help more, but Brooklyn requires some serious time. My sister Lou and her hubby came by and did laundry and we made some cards...or rather...she made cards and I held Brooklyn. She was very needy yesterday. I'm ok with that. Then around 6 we went to the home and garden show at the expo center. It took us 3 hours to cover all the booths. We had a lot of fun and got some great ideas for the basement. Our goal for the basement is to have it done by Thanksgiving. That is exciting. It will be an official year since we (Tom) started. Tom has pretty much done the whole thing himself. Not for not wanting to help, but just being a handy assistant when needed. So, now we will have room to house some people when you come to visit. So, today we took Brooklyn to church for the 1st time. She was an angel. She slept most of the time. I thought I had to teach in R.S., but we got a new presidency and they didn't know I would be ready. Communication would have been good, but at least I got to learn the lesson and learn from it's teachings. No complaints. CONGRATS MAARET! So, I guess all the females that can be pregnant...are. That is cool. It's almost like Audrey had a couple of kids because her family continues to grow too. :) Good luck with that. We admire you for making a difference in their lives. Oh ya, we find out what we are having on Nov. 10 at 3:30pm. Also, the tentative date for the blessing/sealing/court date are Feb. 28-court, March 2-Sealing at the Timp. Temple in American FOrk, UTah, March 3-baby blessing. I've looked online at some airfare and now is the time to buy. If you can make it here then just know you have a place to stay. A lot of people who have done adoptions have said that this is so special and something they will never forget. Well, I promise I am done. Have a great Sabbath.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom and Michelle,
You didn't warn us this time of the "long post", but oh well, it sometimes takes a long time to tell all that is going on, but that's a good thing, your life is actually quite full.
We're glad you're busy and having success with all you do,keep up the good work.
RWH-dad and mom.

Jerry and Maaret said...

sounds like a good time... can't wait to see the basement, sounds really nice. Thanks for the update!

Unknown said...

yeah i cant wait to see the basement all finished! i bet that will be pretty cool down there! no pun intended. and sounds like you guys had a good weekend! we did too, i got to clean my house finally and that always makes for a productive weekend. i'll let you know when i find out when we get our ultra sound!

Mary Grace said...

awww brooklyn made it to church! she is so cute! cant wait to see the basement!

Anonymous said...

Your family is very cute, I am happy you finally got a baby. Mar and I always said Tom was going to be a great Daddy. Hope the pregnancy isn't treating you to rough Michelle, Love,
Jerry

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker