Sunday, September 30, 2007

Kenzie and her biscuit




Family update:
Our lives have been busy....here is a quick update! Last week we got a quick trip from Grandma Hall. It was a lot of fun. My favorite comment was on the way to the airport to drop her off. It goes something like this..."Man, this is nice. I don't feel stressed at all right now because we are not running late. Phew, what a relief." hahahahaha Good luck in Pheonix! Tom has been busy at work, like always. He just got back from a training about how to be a good project leader. He also just picked up on a carpool. The guy is willing to use his car and pick Tom up from the house. We just pay him gas. What a relief! I have been busy getting food storage items together. I got some big water barrels, stocked up on food of all types, and got some 100 hour candles. Slowly I am getting to where I want to be. Last week I went to DI to check out what they had as far as winter clothes and toys for the girls. No clothes, but I got a steal on 2 toys. I know I got a great deal because I went to Kid to Kid later that week and saw the same toys for 18 and 21 dollars. I bought mine for 2 bucks. "The I" (DI) (that is what my nephew, Austin calls it) is the way to go. Brooklyn is a ham. I had a dental appt on Friday so I left the girls with a neighbor for that hour and when I got back the neighbor said, "Brooklyn is so funny. I was planning on doing some cleaning, but I found myself watching her the whole time. She kept me entertained." That's my girl! Her newest thing is she will turn in circles and get dizzy, fall down, then do it again. She is also getting very good at pointing at what she wants. Also, when we read books anytime there is a baby in the book she will give them kisses. She also LOVES the tub. She goes into the bathroom everyday and leans over the tub to try and get in. Once in the tub, she loves to play with her duckies (thanks lou!) and her letters. She is a busy body. She loves to dump things (laundry, drawers, diaper bag etc.) then give big smiles like she is helping me out. She now brings me the stuff and I just say thank you and she smiles. So cute. She loves animals and freaks out when she sees one. She just wants to pet them and love them. She got to go on a pony ride for a neighbors birthday and LOVED it. She also loves to sing. She will be roaming the house and she'll be singing. soooo cute. Kenzie is getting more and more animated. She loves to mimic. When I give big laughs, she laughs. We also talk to each other a lot. She is learning to sit up on her own. She can go about 10-20 sec. without help. She rolls everywhere and is starting to use her legs to scoot. Kenzie is still a great sleeper. She usually sleeps about 12-14 hours each night. She doesn't give me the best naps in the day, but she is a happy baby. She'll fall asleep anywhere. Last night, tom was feeding her and she fell asleep in her chair. She always falls asleep in my arms when I am walking around. When Kenzie is tired all I have to do is just lay her in her crib and she will usually fall asleep, unless she is hungry. Both girls love going outside. They just look and make noises. Kenzie loves her food. She lunges for it. She is my smiler. If anyone pays attention to her she just gives huge smiles. She is getting so big. She is into 6 and 9 month clothes. Brooklyn is still in 12 mo. The girls seem to interact well together. Brooklyn wants to feel Kenzie's nose, eyes and mouth. She also gives her huge kisses. Kenzie usually knows her sister is near because she kicks her legs and her eyes start shutting because she knows she is going to get poked. :) Well, long family update. I'll post more pics after church.


5 comments:

Jerry and Maaret said...

sounds like they're doing very well... I like the part about kenzie kicking and closing her eyes when brooklyn is nearby, that's funny!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures...and thank you for NOT posting the video:) haha Thanks for letting us come over!

Unknown said...

hahaha that makes me laugh about kenzie closing her eyes because she knows shes going to get poked. most of the stuff about the girls made me laugh, they are so cute! brooklyn is doing so much! its funny that kenzie is starting to scoot, andrew still chooses not to roll over even though he can. he just lays there and kicks. nice pictures!

Unknown said...

awww love the new layout, very cute! we'll see if the house works out.. cross your fingers;)

Val said...

I love getting good stuff at the DI! I found a toy dishwasher there that matches our other kitchen toys for $3! They were discontinued and were selling on Ebay for over $100! I've been getting my food storage together, too! I wish we lived closer so we could share more ideas about where to find good deals! Your girls are so sweet!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker