Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bubbles, mothers day, and fun

Well, I have to admit...I tend to go overboard when posting pics. Days just seem to breeze by and I find I rarely get on the computer anymore. Hmmm....could it be that 2 babies keep my hands full? Poor excuse. :) Well, this past weekend we got family pics done, planted flowers, slept, and just did stuff around the house. It is hard to get around so we tend to stick pretty close to home. I managed to catch strep so that kept us home as well. I don't go anywhere so I am always amazed how we manage to get sick. Tom has been the only well person for the past couple of months...knock on wood. Brooklyn is so much fun. She is picking up cheerios on her own and loves them! She is sooo close to crawling. She gets her knees under her then drops to the army crawl. Every now and then she'll get one knee up and use it. We think it is a matter of days before it clicks. She loves to go everywhere! She has also learned how to open drawers. That's fun. :) (sarcasm) She says mumum a lot. That makes me smile. Kenzie is a pretty good baby. She will scream without warning if she realizes she got put down. She will only sleep a short time at night in her own bed so I have resorted to having her sleep in my arms. Once I get more energy, I'll try again to keep her in her bed. Brooklyn has decided to wake up at night to eat as well. That's even more fun. So, sleep is much desired. Kenzie gives lots of smiles and when I put music on she will kick her legs a bunch. very cute. Tom is working long hours. He's such a good Dad. Even though I know he is exhausted when he comes home he plays and plays with his girls until they go to bed. I admire his hard work. I love being a mommy times 2. I find it so rewarding when they give me smiles and kisses. Yes, my house needs cleaning...it will get done in time. I just love spending time with my girls. Ok, really long post...Sorry!





Lately, Brooklyn has been crawling under her toy. She tends to get stuck too.


Go Aggies...just a plug for Utah State!

Happy 1st Mommie's Day to me! Tom and the girls spoiled me with a gourmet breakfast, cards, and a book that made me cry. What a special day. I can remember last year at this time. I cried because I wanted to be a mommy and this year I cried because I was actually a mommy of 2! I never could have imagined that! I truly am blessed.
Brooklyn was soooo ticked that she had to be put next to Kenzie. Kenzie was as happy as could be.
Kenzie and Mommy after church.




This past weekend we introduced Brooklyn to bubbles...she wasn't so sure at first, but growled when we stopped. Growling is her way of saying that she is passionate about something.





Brooklyn was reading a book...our little scholar.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to see Mackenzie smile!!We love long posts..don't stop. Pics are always welcome, and they are such cute ones! Love you, mean it

Unknown said...

aww they are such cute little girls! kenzie looks so tiny, its hard to believe shes OLDER than andrew. although technically they were due like the same day, so they are basically the same age. brooklyn looks like shes getting so big, and congrats to her for almost crawling! happy late mothers day! i had to stop and think, YEAH it has been less than a year since you had brooklyn, it seems like so long, its hard to think of you guys without her now:)

Jerry and Maaret said...

love the posts... i can't believe you have 2 kids either! wonderful, isn't it?

Mary Grace said...

awww brooklyn looks so stinkin fun! she is gonna be a crazy fun kid- happy late mothers day

Heidi Michelle said...

oh, you guys look like you're just having a blast with those two kids! way to go! My cousins just got to adopt a little boy about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and they came up to visit. He's so cute. They remind me of you guys, without the second one on the way! Hopefully I'll get to see you the next time I come through!
Laters,
HEIDI

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker