Sunday, July 09, 2006

ALASKA!!!

Ok, so it's been awhile since we have posted...ok, a long time...We are repenting! We promise (will try) to be better. Tom remembered the password so we are back in the game! Alaska has been BEAUTIFUL!!! Great weather, green everywhere, lush, and Tom has been chompin at the bit since we got here to go fishin. FOR EXAMPLE.... We arrived at 2:30am. At 10:00 am we were still in the hotel and Tom was itchin to go. I am an 8 hour girl and Tom is wearing me out! Go, go, go...Yesterday we drove around Anchorage, went to Costco (of course), and then drove to Kenai. Along the way, we stopped at Girdwood, a very granola, hippy town. They were having a festival so we hit some shops and listened to their granola music. It was quite fun and very beautiful! The air is so fresh and everything is so lush! After Girdwood we stopped for some ice cream and then made it to Kenai. Cool town. Well, today (Sunday) we went to church, took a LONG nap (Tom said it was ok), then went for a drive and visited some of the Hall's friends the Hansen's. We are getting a bon fire going and are going to make some smores. We will keep you posted and hopefully get some pics on here soon. It is already 10 and still as light as if it were 5. Crazy...~

1 comment:

Jerry and Maaret said...

WAHOO you POSTED!!! The sight of a new post really startled me.... I check your blog daily hoping against hope for some sign of life, but to no avail. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw you updated. It sounds like you are having a wonderful (though tired) time in Alaska. I must admit, I am a little jealous. Enjoy my mamma & mary! Miss you!
Mar

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker