Thursday, July 13, 2006

Dip Nettin in Chinaputte

Tom, Colleen and I went to Chinaputte to go dip netting. It is a huge waterfall across the ocean about 12 miles from Homer. Homer is about an hour and a half from where we are staying. We went in at high tide and couldn't get out until high tide came in again. So we were fishing from 6pm-2am. We caught 70 red salmon! It was a lot of fun because we would take our nets and 1 in 5 swipes we would catch a salmon. In this pic Tom has the "bonker" that kills the fish. I caught 2 in my net. The most I caught was 3 and I think Tom got 4 one time. Colleen was very wise and knew to let us do most of the fishing....She knew that we would be VERY sore today! Tom filleted the salmon and we packaged it up. This took the whole day to do. I have a lot more appreciation as to the time it takes to get the yummy fish. Right now we are going on 2 hours of sleep so I am going to post a couple of pics and call it a night.

1 comment:

Jerry and Maaret said...

Love the pictures! That place is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Have fun clammin.
Mar

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker