Thursday, July 26, 2007

loooonnnngg FAMILY UPDATE

Disclosure:

This is just an update of our family. It is long and detailed. It is more journaling for me, but I thought some of you might like it because we live so far away.

So, we went to the Dr. today for Kenzie's 4 month checkup. While we were there, I had Brooklyn measured as well. Drum roll................ Kenzie is 25 inches long and Brooklyn is 27. :) Kenzie is 13.5 lbs. and Brooklyn is 19.7 lbs. Kenzie is in the 80% for height and 50% for weight. Her head is in the 10%. Brooklyn is still in the 10% in everything, but makes up for it big time in personality. Both babies are healthy and doing well.

Kenzie is still the happiest baby by giving smiles just when you look at her and big laughs too. She is taking after her big sister by now sleeping on her side. Funny how they both do that. :) Kenzie loves to look around and grab toys and feel things. We can just see her mind working and figuring things out. She has rolled over a time or two, but not all the time. She is perfectly content on her tummy or on her back with her legs kicking.

Brooklyn is our little comedian. She holds her own bottle when she knows we can't hold it for her (ex. in the car) but refuses to hold it when we can easily hold it for her. Whenever Kenzie fusses, Brooklyn gets louder. That's loads of fun, especially in the car. She refuses to eat puraide food. She will only eat if she is holding it or she can take it out of her mouth and put it back in again. She LOVES fish crackers, watermelon, and stirfry (cut up, of course). She loves to play "I'M going to get you" with her daddy. She is getting quite efficient with her walking only if she knows that someone is there to help her if she falls. We think she is like this because she has sure taken some rough falls. Brooklyn is also very sensitive. She gives kenzie kisses freely, but is stingy when it comes to giving them to others. She gives us high 5's, pats on the back and hugs. She also rests her head on us. Very sweet. She is still as bald as ever, but her beautiful blue eyes just makes her whole face light up.

Tom still hasn't heard from any of the jobs he has applied for. They keep saying that they are still going through the interview process. We are realistic about it, but still optimistic. We'll keep you posted. We really don't worry about it, because it is not our will but His. Tom also got approved for overtime again so he goes in at 5 am everyday and gets off at 5. It is a sacrifice for him, but we love to see him in the evenings. He is the best dad. He puts Brooklyn to bed every night and says prayers with her.

I am just trying to juggle 2 very active babies. I love it though. It's funny, but I feel almost this anxiety by not having another one on the way. I'm just used to having a baby one right after the other. 2 years in between kids seems like an eternity. :) I know I'll get over that feeling quickly. I still get the comment "are they twins". Most of the time I say no and keep walking or I say they are 7 months apart then keep walking. I can only guess the puzzled looks on their faces. I think that is half of the fun of it.

As a family, we went to the "Days of 47" parade. Brooklyn LOVED the horses. We've also done some stuff with neighbors. We find we stay busy, busy, busy, but that's the way we like it.

We love you,

Tom, Michelle, Brooklyn and Mackenzie

6 comments:

Mary Grace said...

hooray! love the update!!! those kids are so funny! i wish i could play with them all the time!

Unknown said...

hey thanks for the update! i enjoyed it. i love hearing about your little girls. i totally know what you mean ab out 2 yrs seeming TOO long in between kids! i cant wait to see you guys!! i think you'll like swiss days, its a lot of fun. and where dans family stays (in midway at the homestead) they have an ourdoor heated pool, so we could swim too. and they have a hot tub incase its cold.

erin said...

I enjoyed the update. It's fun to see where Brooklyn is because she and Bri are the same age! Bri is only 27 inches long too, she finally hit 17 lbs when I weighed her yesterday! She seems like she's never going to hit 20 lbs so I can face her forward in the car!!! She's getting so bored facing backwards! I wish we could get our girls together! I'll be in Orem at the end of August through Sept. 5! I would love to see you!

Heidi Michelle said...

Man, your little kids are getting all growed up on me. So you're looking to move? Hopefully not too soon, because I"m heading back down that way for school and I'm sure I'll be coming through your neighboorhood (I-15) at some time in the near future and I was planning on stopping in to see you all. Yes, keep us all posted!
HEIDI

Miles and Bex said...

Kids grow up way to fast! We are still looking for jobs up here. THey are building a brand new home in our neighborhood that would be perfect for you guys. It will be done in September. So lets get you up here!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great update, sounds like you're having a ball!!! we love and miss you all and wish we could see the girls (the babes) more often, keep on giving them the best care ever, they will appreciate it and love you the more for it!
love dad

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker