Monday, August 21, 2006

Crazy news

Well, it's been kind of an eventful day. First off, Happy Birthday Rod! We wish we could be there to help you celebrate your birthday! Hopefully, Brittney will have her baby today so that she has a grandpa to celebrate her birthday with. That would be great! Here is some more crazy news. Today I went into my ob for a regular annual exam. At the end of the appointment he asked me if I was pregnant and I told him no. He said that there was a possibility that I could be because when I urinated on the stick at the beginning of the appt there was no line, but now there was a faint line. He had me go to the hospital to give blood and it is true...I am pregnant. WAHOOO!!! That explains why I've been so nauseaus and have had cramping. I tried prego tests, but they were never positive. They also did an ultrasound. The dr. measured the baby and it is in between 14.5mm and 18.5mm. The doctor took 2 pictures and those are the measurements he came up with. He also came up with me being 7 weeks and 5 days along and 8 weeks and 6 days along...again, I am somewhere in between there. He is making my due date of March 31 or April 10, but he said that may change as we learn more about the progression of the baby. We got to see the heartbeat. That was neat. Yes, only one heartbeat. This is such a shock right now! The only bad thing is the dr. said I am high risk and I may not carry the baby full term. As far as Brittney goes...she is in the hospital right now. At around 6pm she was having contractions 6 min. apart. She was going in at 7 so that she could be monitered. She is going to stay at the hospital until she has the baby. They are giving her patosin around midnight if she hasn't had the baby yet. We have been so confused as to what we should do concerning being prego and possibly adopting. we contacted the agency and told them our situation. They advised us to continue the adoption process because too many emotions are in it and this is what is supposed to happen. We prayed a lot and feel like Brittney's little girl should be in our home. So, we are going to go with it and hoping the Lord will lead us through this. We hope Brittney understands once we tell her. The agency advised us to not them until we are pretty sure the prego is a go. That is around 20 weeks. The Lord knows His will so we'll keep you posted. So many emotions right now.

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker